Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Days are Numbered.

SOOO, I've received my first email from my host family!!!! They look all Scandinavian and cute, I'm so excited. I'll be living with a lovely woman named Anna and her son, Rasmus (what a fun, European name). Her husband lives in Greenland most of the time and her daughter is at university in Berlin. How freaking splendid is that? She and her husband are both lawyers, her son is still in high school, and the daughter is studying political science. Oh did I mention they live in a flat near the sea!!! Who in America can say that? No one. I am stoked to go to Rasmus's handball games, I've never actually been to one, how fun would that be? I don't think it hit me that I was leaving until today; I mean I've picked up extra socks at Target and my whole holiday loot was traveling stuff, but its pretty real. Getting my rental phone in the mail wasn't enough, but seeing the family's faces in my inbox did the trick for sure.

Oh I also didn't mention that I've made the world's cutest scrapbook; Alex and I road-tripped to Boulder this summer and well I had to do something with the pictures. Now, they sit in a turquoise album, that will collect dust when I'm gone, but is quite charming. It includes all the weird state faces I documented as we crossed state borders, along with these darling stickers from Martha Stewart's collection. I should have taken a picture of it but instead, I'll leave you with this:




No comments:

Post a Comment